EXP Connection FAST Serial Protocol reference¶
FAST Serial Protocol: Overview & First Steps
This documentation section is about the FAST Serial Protocol (FSP) commands, which are the low-level commands a host computer sends to a FAST board. Most FAST Pinball makers do not need to know about these details, since the pinball game framework (such as the Mission Pinball Framework) handles this communication for you.
- BR: Reset the expansion board
- EA: Set the active expansion or breakout board
- ID: Get the ID: response of an expansion or breakout board
These commands apply to all types of motors, including servos, steppers, and DC motors.
- EM: Configure motor settings
- MP: Move the motor to a specific position
- ER: Configure LED block
- RA: Set all LEDs on an expansion or breakout board to a certain color
- RD: Set individual LEDs to be a certain color, binary command version
- RF: Set the default fade rate for all LEDs on an expansion board
- RL: Set individual LEDs to be a certain color over time (with fade), binary version
- RS: Set individual LEDs to be a certain color
EXP Show Scripting¶
EXP Show Scripting commands were added in firmware version
0.10. Refer to the EXP show programming guide for details on how to use these commands.
- ES: Write EXP show to user memory
- TS: Trigger EXP Show
Documentation Feedback? Requests? Confused?
Hi! I'm Brian, and I'm responsible for the documentation at FAST Pinball. If you have any feedback, requests, corrections, ideas, or any other thoughts about the docs, please let me know!
You can email me at email@example.com. I maintain this site in my spare time, so there might be a week or so delay if you email me.
If you have a more pressing need, reach out to us via Slack, or email Aaron Davis.
N or > jump the next page, P or < for previous, search with S or ?