FAST Smart Power Filter Board for Neuron-controlled machines¶
The FAST Smart Power Filter Board provides an elegant way to integrate switching power supplies into a pinball machine driven by a FAST Neuron Controller.
This board is an upgrade from our previous Power Filter Board which was designed for use with Nano-powered machines.
If you are not getting 48V output from your board even with good fuses...
ENA IN header must be used in order for this board to output 48V. If you're just setting up your board for testing, put a jumper (or test clips, etc.) across Pin 1 and Pin 3 of
48V ENA LED should light.
- Sits in-between your power supplies and your machine.
- Supports 48V, 12V, and an additional voltage for your host PC power.
- Acts as the primary power distribution point and fuse center for your machine.
- 30,000µF of capacitors provide reserve capacity for the 48V circuit.
- Six fuses (5x20mm) have LEDs to visually show their good/bad status.
- Connectors are broken out for power distribution to the various sections of your machine. (Backbox, playfield, cabinet, topper, host PC, & FAST controller.)
- Acts as the ground tie point for all DC power grounds in your machine.
- "Smart" ready. An onboard microprocessor communicates with the Neuron and game software for remote monitoring and management, including:
- 48V current draw
- Fuse status
- Remote control of 48V output enable/disable
- Smart functionality is not complete will be enabled via a future firmware update.
These capacitors will hold their charge after power is removed
Since capacitors are used to store electrical energy, they will hold their charge after power is removed. The FAST Smart Power Filter board has circuitry which will discharge these capacitors once power is removed, but this happens slowly over several hours. Always treat large caps as if they're charged!
- All 0.156" headers are rated for 7A max per pin
- 48V circuit can be used for any voltage from 20-60VDC.
- CPU / host PC circuit can be usd for any voltage from 9-60VDC
Dimensions are in mm
Connectors Housings Needed¶
|1||9-pin||0.156"||48V/12V power out|
|2||7-pin||0.156"||48V power in, CPU/12V power in|
|1||4-pin||0.156"||Cabinet power out|
|4||3-pin||0.156"||Controller, Backbox, Topper, CPU power out|
|2||3-pin||0.100"||48V Enable in, out|
|6||fuses||5x20mm||Don't forget your fuses!|
Documentation Feedback? Requests? Confused?
Hi! I'm Brian, and I'm responsible for the documentation at FAST Pinball. If you have any feedback, requests, corrections, ideas, or any other thoughts about the docs, please let me know!
You can email me at email@example.com. I maintain this site in my spare time, so there might be a week or so delay if you email me.
If you have a more pressing need, reach out to us via Slack, or email Aaron Davis.
N or > jump the next page, P or < for previous, search with S or ?