FAST MPF config file reference¶
This guide details Mission Pinball Framework (MPF) config file settings needed when working with FAST Pinball hardware. It only covers the FAST hardware-specific stuff and should be used alongside the MPF tutorial and MPF config reference from the Mission Pinball documentation.
This guide only applies to MPF 0.57
All of the sections of this guide only apply to MPF 0.57 (current dev branch). If you're using a stable branch of MPF 0.56 or older, then the config file reference from the Mission Pinball website has everything you need.
Guides for configuring devices with FAST hardware in MPF¶
- NET processor (I/O boards)
- Autofire Coils (slings, pops, etc.)
- EXP processor (Expansion Boards)
- Segment Displays
- Host PC Power Control
- Raspberry Pi Integration
Sample config file (Neuron Controller / MPF 0.57)¶
Here's a high-level sample config file which shows the new & updated FAST Pinball hardware related settings. (This config is a full MPF config and just shows the FAST-specific stuff.)
Click the (+) plus circle for notes and comments on that line.
|Sample MPF 0.57 config file for FAST Neuron|
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
- Required for all configs using FAST
- List of I/O boards. You can pick whatever name you want (for example, "cab" and "3208" below), and this name is how you refer to switches and drivers plugged into it. See the config file reference for details.
- Each entry here is a name (whatever name you want, "playfield", etc.) you give to each Expansion board. This name is how you refer to devices connected to it later in your configs.
- This LED is attached to the Expansion board you called "playfield" in the
exp:section above, and this is Port 1, LED #1 in the chain.
- Expansion board you named "topper", LED Port 2, LED #1 in the chain.
- This is the next LED in the chain after the previous on, Expansion Board "topper", LED Port 2.
- "playfield" exp board, servo 1
- "playfield" exp board, servo 3
- I/O board called "cab" from above, switch 8
- I/O board called "cab" from above, switch 16
- I/O board called "3208" from above, switch 0
- I/O board called "3208", driver 0
- I/O board called "cab", driver 7
- Because MPF 0.57 uses pure YAML, entries that are numbers which start with 0 would be interpreted as numbers. So if you want to use a number that starts with 0, you have to put it in quotes.
Documentation Feedback? Requests? Confused?
Hi! I'm Brian, and I'm responsible for the documentation at FAST Pinball. If you have any feedback, requests, corrections, ideas, or any other thoughts about the docs, please let me know!
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I maintain this site in my spare time, so there might be a week or so delay if you email me.
If you have a more pressing need, reach out to us via Slack, or email Aaron Davis.
N or > jump the next page, P or < for previous, search with S or ?