Overview of the FAST Serial Protocol (FSP)
Read the programmer's intro to working with FAST Pinball Hardware if you haven't yet.
First steps with the FAST Serial Protocol¶
- FAST Serial Protocol command & message structure
- Using a terminal emulator to interactively talk to a FAST board
- FAST Pinball programming guides
Protocol command reference¶
Since the FAST Serial Protocol communicates with individual processors on the other end, the command reference and documentation are based on which processor on which board you're connecting to:
- NET Processor (switches & drivers)
- EXP Processor (expansion & breakout boards)
- AUD Processor (audio interface)
- SEG Processor (segment displays)
- DMD Processor (RGB and legacy DMD interface)
- EMU Processor (Controls the emulator on FAST Retro Platform controllers)
- RGB Processor (Legacy LEDs connected to a Nano controller)
Documentation Feedback? Requests? Confused?
Hi! I'm Brian, and I'm responsible for the documentation at FAST Pinball. If you have any feedback, requests, corrections, ideas, or any other thoughts about this documentation, please let me know! You can email me at email@example.com. Thanks!
N or > jump the next page, P or < for previous, search with S or ?